We know, you’re busy; you often come home tired and aren’t really up for even short dog walks. But, walking has its advantages and perks for us humans, but did you know there are 5 really great benefits to dog walking?
Dog Walks and Their Benefits
Besides getting out into the fresh air and keeping yourself active, it’s also important to get your dog outside and walking as well. The two of you together (or with your family), help to create strong bonds and help your pet alleviate any anxieties they may have.
- Those daily dog walks, long or short, help to strengthen the friendship and bond you have with your dog as well, helps with their training and development.
- Keeps most dogs fit and trim and curbs weight gain. This is an added benefit for both of you. We know that we need to keep active, and dog walking is one of the best ways to do so.
- Dog walks are a great way for you and your dog to bond and experience your neighborhood. It also helps to teach your dog the area in case they’re lost. Going on dog walks is an adventure of sights and sniffs for your pooch and can help them find their way home.
- May minimize hyperactivity and may curb destructive behavior. Some dogs just need to get out and release pent up energy, especially those breeds (like Jack Russels) who need this type of exercise.
- Can you imagine sitting in your home all day, not having anyone to talk to or play with? Your dog may do experience loneliness (if not at doggy daycare)and often have anxiety about you leaving. Connecting with your dog is important to a healthy, loving relationship.
These reasons and more, are why Dog Day Getaway has come up with a brand new service to help your dog during the day get the attention and exercise they need during their stay. Please visit our dog walking service page for more information.