With better weather approaching, we know that the area dog parks are going to be filled with dogs just waiting to get in a full run. Dog Day Getaway dog trainers have put together a list of these top ten dog park tips so that you and your pet have a great time.
The dog parks around Apple Valley are a fantastic way for dogs to exercise off leash and of course, learn to socialize with other dogs. We’ve all witnessed the person who doesn’t supervise their dog who becomes unruly. This is the type of thing that often makes us pack up and leave, quickly. You don’t want to have to shorten your dogs time at the park, or shorten someone else fun time…
Simply abiding by the rules of the dog park is often never enough. Staying in control and being watchful is extremely important and one of our dog park tips that must be followed. Always practice proper dog park etiquette so that you and your dog have a positive dog park experience.
DDG Top Ten Dog Park Tips
- Know and follow the rules for each dog park you visit.
- Keep your dog leashed until you’re inside the off-leash area.
- Always maintain voice control over your dog.
- Never leave your dog unattended, even in a fenced in dog park.
- If you notice your dog starting to play too rough, leash your dog and leave the park for some quiet time and a short walk. Try again to bring you dog into the park to see if he’s calmed.
- Small children at an off-leash dog park means you’ll be watching your dog and your children. Try to keep an eye on both. Let your children know the rules of the park as well.
- Always keep your dog’s vaccinations up-to-date.
- Don’t bring toys or treats that you may never want back.
- Please don’t ever bring a female dog in heat to an off-leash dog park.
- Most important dog park tip: Always clean up after your dog. Good idea to bring extra baggies.
Following and paying close attention to these top ten dog park tips will help you, your dog, and other dog owners using the on-leash or off-leash dog parks the best experience possible. In Apple Valley and want to visit a great off-leash dog park, check out this Dakota County dog park.