Like new parents, new dog owners will always worry about sending their children away to somewhere new. If you are a new dog owner considering dog boarding and doggy daycare then follow these tips below for extra peace of mind.
Respected Apple Valley Dog Boarding Facility
- You’ve done your research! DDG is one of the most respected dog boarding facilities in the tri-cities area. We know that your pet is part of your family. You wouldn’t stay for your holiday somewhere dirty or unfriendly, so why would your dog? Dog Day Getaway is a dog boarding facility that you can rely on. Our 12k square foot facility was built with your dog’s comfort in mind.Your fellow dog owners share a love for their animals, and know that DDG takes care of their pets.
- Last minute travel can be bad: Sometimes the unexpected happens and you need to find somewhere quickly for your dog to stay. However, mostly we know in advance if we are going to be away from home overnight. DDG is prepared to host your pet overnight or several nights and take care of them like they were our own. You can focus on your travel, we will focus on your dog.
- You know your dog: There are lots of different options for boarding your dog. DDG offers traditional caged kennels, free range dog boarding where the canines freely mingle. So that your peace of mind is at rest, you can always watch your pet at play via our webcams. If you are confident that your pet is safe and well, then you will get more out of your trip.
- Vaccinations: Make sure that your dog is up to date with all vaccinations, and check how far in advance the provider needs the injections to be done. Once again, a reason why last minute doesn’t often work. DDG will check to see that vaccinations are up to date prior to boarding.
- Acclimatization: Try to book your dog in for a short day stay in advance at DDG, just a bit of doggy day care. Dog daycare is offered 7 days per week. Having your dog come to play at daycare will not only prepare your dog for an extended stay, but lets you see our facility in normal working mode.
- Packing is not just for people: Pack up your dog’s special toys, blankets, bed. Take plenty of his food. Remember his usual feeding bowl. Taking his possessions will help make him feel less stressed. Children get homesick and so can dogs, so pack something of yours to remind him of the smell of home. An old t-shirt or pair of socks is great, because it won’t matter if they are chewed or lost. DDG provides an overnight tote bag for your convenience.
- Stay in remote touch: We provide free streaming video of all areas of the facility. There is no charge for this service! It will give you great peace of mind if you are sure that your dog is having a fantastic time with new friends.
- Holding your nose can be good: Often a good sign of a pet coming home with a bit more dog smell than usual simply means your dog was extremely interactive and played more than normal. However, if you are away for a spell, you might want to book your pet a grooming session when you get back. Please visit with a Dog Day Getaway staff member about use of our dog bathing section of the facility. We offer self wash and grooming!
With good preparation, you and your special friend will have a ball at DDG. Call or visit today!