Yes. All dogs need a dog license in Apple Valley. What we found odd though is within this law, dogs that habitually bark or cry are prohibited from residing in Apple Valley. Click the link to download a copy of the dog license PDF:
Dogs are prohibited from running at large and may be impounded for this violation. At Large is described as off the premises of the owner and not controlled by a leash confined in a vehicle or
Pick up $30 and impound fees $25 (per day) a day are required for your dogs release from dog jail. Additionally citations are issued to violators of the City animal code and fines are assessed at District Court.
From the Apple Valley Website about Dogs and Dog License:
Pets should remain in their own yards if not on a leash and animals that habitually bark or cry are prohibited from residing in Apple Valley
- Dogs over four months of age must be licensed in Apple Valley.
- Licenses are valid for two years and are available at the Police Department.
- Licenses may be purchased Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Apple Valley has a leash law for dogs and they are prohibited from running at large.
- Dogs are required to display their dog license and rabies tags.
- Citations can be issued for non-compliance with these ordinances.
NOTE: It is also illegal for pets to be in a park unless they are on a leash (unless an authorized dog park).
It’s always best to have your dog licensed. If your dog happens to run off and is found, finding the owner (you) is made simpler when searching license records. Here is a fun product for a Minnesota dog license and pet identification : etsy.com.