Dog Day Getaway is pleased to announce that we’re getting ready to install all new PetGrass® for our outdoor space. This is going to be quite the undertaking so you may note that our outdoor space may be closed Tuesday July 19th and possibly through Wednesday, July 20th. We’ve chosen newer technology in dog grass pad and are excited to get this installed, and here’s why…
Choosing the Right Dog Grass Pad at DDG
At DDG Apple Valley, we believe in always investing our money back into the business. We know and understand that the play area outside is important to our doggy daycare and that our guests love being out there. So what better way than to use new technology and install the best quality pet grass?
We chose to use Perfect Turf Inc as they had the best choice of product for our play area. Their PetGrass® product was exactly what we were looking for:
- We purchased green thatch. The product comes in two colours, green and tan – but as explained by Matthew Scovo of PerfectTurfinc.com; the green thatch is best for doggy daycare facilities like DDG as there is no mistake of leaving something in the grass. Having the solid green colour ensures proper cleanliness of the grass pad.
- How long the product lasts: This grass pad should last approximately 5 to 7 years (commercial use). We understand that with residential use this product may last up to 15 years!
- We needed to be sure cleanup would be easy and with the POD system we know it’s going to be. The dog grass pad we ordered comes clean easily with a hose, and we are able to lift sections at a time if need be. You’ll also be pleased to note that Dog Day Getaway is the only licensed dog daycare facility in the county that has secured special licensing and permits for proper drainage. The cost was ginormous, but well worth it when it comes to sanitation and cleanliness.
- POD System: The POD system snaps together in sections so that each can be pulled up to clean or replace. In the long run we feel this is going to be an asset to the facility in that we don’t have to shut the outdoor doggy play area to recover. Secondly, the POD system allows drainage and an aeration layer to keep the under-layment dry.
[button type=”success” link=”https://dogdaygetaway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/PetGrass_Pod_System_Brochure.pdf” rounded=”2″]PerfectTurf POD System Brochure[/button]
- The dog grass pad has anti-microbial agents in the yarn and backing and as explained, these are live antimicrobial additives mixed into the blades to help control bacteria.
Installation and Laying of the Dog Grass Pad POD System
Removal of the old turf begins, then it’s on to installation! The new POD system by PerfectTurf Inc. is going to be a snap. Literally… the POD system snaps together and should only take a day based on the vast size of our outdoor doggy play area.
Information about the GrassPad POD system
[button type=”success” link=”https://dogdaygetaway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Dog_Grass_Pad.pdf” rounded=”2″]Pet Grass Pad[/button]
[button type=”success” link=”https://dogdaygetaway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Perfect_Turf_Brochure.pdf” rounded=”2″]PerfectTurf Brochure[/button]
If you’d like more information about this dog grass pad system for your home, we are linking to the Perfect Turf product brochures here. If you are thinking about doggy day care and would like a tour of the DDG facility, please stop by or call. We’d love to show you around so you can see how well the play area for the dogs is structured!