Dog Day Getaway is so excited to have this handsome and personable boy on display for April 2021. There is nothing about him you CANT help but love.
Yeti is the April 2021 DOTM!
Let’s find out more about Yeti and his family…
- What is your dogs name? Yeti, although he has acquired many many nicknames.
- How did you pick his name? well he is big white and fluffy just like an abominable snowman (sometimes called a yeti), so the name Yeti seemed to fit!
- When is his birthday? July 21st
- What is Yeti’s breed? Samoyed
- Does he have any nicknames? Yeti Spaghetti, Spaghetters, Yetters, Yettison, Yet Yet, Hunky, Hunkable, Punky, bubba and many more!
- What is his favorite place to be scratched? On the side of the face…… you know you hit the right spot when he starts pushing the side of his face into your hand relentlessly! He also LOVES a good belly rub, but only from those he really trusts
- Does he have a favorite Toy? He has this neon rainbow furry ball that he absolutely loves. We are currently on the third one of these because they get a bit crusty over time (even after many washes!). He ALWAYS picks this toy over just about any other of the millions he has.
- If Yeti could eat any human food what would it be? He would be really sad if he only got to pick 1 human food… but if he HAD to pick one it would probably be hot dogs.
- What is he most afraid of? He isn’t afraid of much, but he HATES the sound of a snow shovel scraping on the driveway. He barks and barks and barks at it. Also, he really is confused by statues…… he just doesn’t understand why the people don’t move and will bark at them.
- If Yeti had a profession what would it be? I think he could challenge Joey Chestnut in a professional hotdog eating contest…. So maybe a competitive eater?
- If he drove a car what would he drive? He would definitely drive some type of sports car like a Ferrari, of course with sun glasses on.
- Who is his favorite: mom or dad? Neither, uncle Ray
- What’s the naughtiest thing he has ever done? Jumped up on the table and snitched some Thanksgiving Turkey. He had never jumped up and ate food off the table before!
- Does he sleep on the floor or a dog bed? Mostly the floor, but he will occasionally snuggle on the bed for a few minutes before he gets too hot.
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Yeti? Go to the dog park and walk the trails with him. It is definitely his happy place.
- Is he a face to face or butt greeter? Hmmm I don’t think he has a preferred method, but he MUST greet all dogs and humans. He doesn’t understand personal space so he tends to get right in peoples faces too.
- What’s a day in the life of Yeti? Wake up around 9AM. Beg mom for some scrambled eggs for breakfast (she usually obliges). Play time at noon over mom’s lunch break. Beg mom for some of her lunch (she usually does NOT oblige) Walkies with dad either in the morning or afternoon (he lets me play in the mud!). Beg dad for treats. Spend the better part of the afternoon scoping out the perfect napping spot around the house, usually end up at mom’s feet. A couple times a week he gets a few hours in the afternoon at Dog Day Getaway to play with his friends! Flirts with all the ladies at Dog Day Getaway and begs for treats. Dinner, where he will beg for moms dinner until he finally gives up and eats his own. Beg for treats for desert. Last zoomies before bed, and of course a bedtime treat snack!
- Describe him in 3 words? Extremely Food Motivated
- Does he have an Instagram page? No! but I should start one
- One thing you would change about Yeti? One thing they would change about you? One thing I would change about my dog -I wish it didn’t take so long to groom him! He hates it, so it is always an unfun chore. One thing he would change about me – make me give him unlimited treats all the time
- What is his favorite hangouts? Dog Day Getaway!!!
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets Follow them: @StudioTwelve52 / @Twelve52Pets