June 2022 is here as is another exciting Dog of the Month, this is Croix and we are excited to feature him as our #DOTM.
Croix is a wonderful pup who really makes your day at DDG, let’s find out more!
- What is your dog’s name? Croix
- How did you pick his name? “Mom” wanted a name that had the most powerful letter in the alphabet, letter X. “Dad” wanted something meaningful, which lead us to think about our cabin. Our cabin’s backyard is The Saint Croix Forest/River.
- When is his birthday? July 22, 2020
- What is Croix breed? Red Fox English Labrador Retriever
- Does he have any nicknames? Croix-Boy (by DDG) and Stinker.
- What is his favorite place to be scratched? Backside
- Does Croix have a favorite Toy? ANYTHING you throw into the water or squeakers
- If he could eat any human food what would be? Eggs or Cheese
- What is his most afraid of? Nothing that were aware of, yet
- If he had a profession what would be? Lifeguard
- If he drove a car, what would they drive? Amphicar Model 770
- Who’s his favorite mom or dad? Mom
- What’s the naughtiest thing he has ever done? Chewed up Mom and Dad’s crocs
- Is he a floor or bed dog? Bed
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Croix? Explore new parks or lakes
- Is he a face-to-face greeter or a butt greeter when meeting his dog friends? Face-to-face
- What’s a day in the life of Croix? If not at DDG, naps all-day then parks all evening. Summer weekends usually at the cabin roaming around our 42 acres.
- Describe him in 3 words? Stubborn, Witty and Athletic
- Does he have an Instagram page? No
- One thing you would change about Croix? One Thing he would change about you? That Croix doesn’t “attempt to bite” when I (Mom) trim his nails, and Croix would want me to stop trimming him nails!
- What is his favorite hangout? On the beach or by the pond.
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own – (all fittingly named after Marvel comic book characters) – who also love coming to DDG. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families.