What a wonderful dog to end 2022 as our Dog of the Month, say Hi to our girl Anzu!
Anzu is our Dog of the Month – Let’s Find Out More!
- What is your dogs name? Anzukuma (we call her Anzu)
- How did you pick her name? We were told she was an Akita mix. So we picked a Japanese name meaning “apricot bear”
- When is her birthday? 11/20/2022
- What is her breed? St. Bernard, Chow, and other mix (no Akita)
- Does she have any nicknames? Anzu, Crazy, La Tigre
- What is Anzus favorite place to be scratched? Her ears and her belly
- If she could eat any human food what would it be? All human food.
- What is she most afraid of? Small children
- If Anzu had a profession what would it be? Bodyguard
- If she drove a car what would she drive? Subaru
- Mom or dad? Dad
- What’s the naughtiest thing Anzu has ever done? Bit me in the hand
- Floor? Couch? Dog bed? Or all the above – All of the above
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your Anzu? Snuggle on the couch
- What’s a day in the life of Anzu? Wake up, go outside, hang with dad while he works, walk, and repeat. Tuesdays and Thursdays though she goes with mom to DDG which she loves!
- Describe her in 3 words? Sweet, Crazy, and loud
- Chicken or Steak? Chicken
- Walk or Swim? Walk – but recently found out she does like to swim
- Bone? Ball? Stuffie or Rope? Ball
- Snuggle or wrestle? Snuggle
- One thing you would change about her? That she is reactive to others (especially kids) at times.
- Word or Phrase you use most often with her? Anzu, drop it. Or You are so cute!
- What is her favorite hangout? Her backyard
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own – (all fittingly named after Marvel comic book characters) – who also love coming to DDG. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families.