Meet Herbie, he is our Dog of The Month April 2014. Herbie is a 14 year old Jack Russell Terrier. We have been taking care of him for a long time and cant believe he is 14 already! His nick-names are Herb, Burt, Herbert and Herbie-Doo (like Scooby Doo but better).
Questions For The Dog of The Month April 2014
- How did Herbie get his fabulous name? He is named after legendary hockey coach “Herb Brooks” (I am a sports author and was actually working on Herb’s biography with him at the time of his death in 2003, and am now the president of the Herb Brooks Foundation)
- Whats the most expensive item Herbie has destroyed and made his toy? He’s a notorious underwear thief.
- Where is his favorite place to be scratched? Behind his ears.
- Whats your favorite thing you do with your dog? Playing catch with his ball in our backyard by the lake.
- What is Herbs favorite Toy? His pink ball.
- What about his favorite Treat? Greenies
- What is the best trick he knows? “The Snake” – You gotta see it to believe it!
- What is Herb’s personality like? Herbs personality is: Fun, Mellow, Rambunctious.
- Who are Herb’s best friends? His best friends are his cousins Lola and Minnie. You can on occasion see Herbie at the Burnsville Dog Park.
- Who are Herbs housemates? Herbies housemates are Ross, Sara & Campbell (no other pets).
- Things Herbie does that are naughty: Shreds toilet paper, digging in the backyard, and barking at the doorbell.
What is Herbs favorite thing about DDG?
We LOVE DDG! We have been coming there for 14 years and rave about it. You guys are amazing, we travel a ton and could not live our lives without you. We know that you take such good care of Herbie when he is with you and we cannot thank you enough for being so amazing. We are really happy for you that you have moved into your new building too, congrats!!
What does DDG love about Herbie?
Whats not to love about Herbie? He is our family, he has been with us and supported us and grown with us over our many years. He is sweet and affectionate and spunky and fun. Herbie is friendly and exactly what we are looking for in a client. Oh… and his family is pretty nice too! — DDG Staff