Dog of the Month for April 2023 is our buddy Billie! She’s a beautiful Beagle who’s named after a famous singer and, yeah, she’s gorgeous too!
Want to know more about Billie, the DDG Dog of the Month April 2023…
- What is your dogs name? Billie
- How did you pick your dogs name? Both of our previous beagles’ names ended with “Y” and Dad came up with it (Billie Holiday inspired more than Billie Eilish).
- When is your dogs birthday? 7/27/19 (Our previous beagle, Presley, died a month before we got her but we had sworn off getting another dog for a while. We are happy we came to our senses.)
- What is your dogs breed? Beagle
- Does your dog have any nicknames? Bilska, Bill, Beagle, Beagy, Boo Boo Bear, Mrs.Butterworth
- What is your dogs favorite place to be scratched? She is more of a nuzzler! She prefers rubbing her face into yours and being spooned.
- If your dog could eat any human food what would it be? She is a beagle so it really doesn’t matter. We trust our beagle with everything except food on the table. LOL
- What is your dog most afraid of? Car ride to the vet
- If your dog had a profession what would it be? Spokesmodel
- If your dog drove a car what would they drive? Mini Cooper
- Mom or dad? Mom for snuggling and Dad for exercise
- What’s the naughtiest thing your dog has ever done? She is relentless in her pursuit of gloves/hats. Even if people are still wearing them.
- Floor? Couch? Dog bed? Or all the above? Definitely all of the above, she is a lounging dog.
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your pet? Pretend she is talking (when what we are really doing is making fun of other family members) or lay with her on couch/floor.
- What’s a day in the life of your dog? Gets up super early for breakfast/walk/rest/hound people until lunch time/walk/hang out with the family and then sleep with humans. Repeat.
- Describe your dog in 3 words? Adorable. Persuasive. Hungry.
- Chicken or Steak? Both. Anytime.
- Walk or Swim? Walk, she does not like to swim and will only go in the water up to the top of her legs.
- Bone? Ball? Stuffie or Rope? Bully stick or stuffie—preferably from her brother’s room and not her own stockpile.
- Snuggle or wrestle? Definitely snuggle
- One thing you would change about your dog? Decrease her appetite
- Word or Phrase you use most often with Billie? Probably “You’re a baby” or “You’re gorgeous.”
- What is your dogs favorite hangouts? She loves her window perch in our top-floor bedroom looking over the neighborhood.
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own; who also love coming to Dog Day Getaway. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families.