Say hello to Henry; this gorgeous boy is our August 2023 Dog of the Month.
Henry is a Mini-Aussie who is energetic as he is handsome!
- What is your dogs name? Henry Sanders
- How did you pick his name? All of us, including our 2 boys voted on names for an entire day and Henry was the only name we all agreed on.
- When is Henrys birthday? February 6th 2021
- What is his breed? Miniature Aussie
- Does Henry have and nicknames? Hennis the Menace
- What is his favorite place to be scratched? Definitely his butt!
- If Henry could eat any human food, what would it be? Ice Cream
- What is he most afraid of? Loud noises (thunder, fireworks) and his leash/harness.
- If he had a profession, what would it be? Support dog, he is a lover.
- If Henry drove a car, what would it be? Honda Ridgeline
- Is he more of a fan of Mom or Dad? He is a Mamas boy, but his favorite human is our oldest son.
- What’s the naughtiest thing he has done? Ate all of the taco leftovers off our kitchen island?
- Does Henry prefer the floor, dog bed or the couch? Maybe all of the above? He has graduated to being a bed dog.
- What is your favorite thing to do with Henry? Throw the ball for him and watch him do big jumps.
- What’s a day in the life of Henry? Lots of naps, lots of play and he loves exploring the backyard.
- Describe Henry in 3 words? Loving, Energetic and Sweet
- Is he a chicken or steak lover? Chicken more then steak
- Does he prefer a walk or a swim? Walk, but he is still working on walk etiquette
- What is his favorite toy? It used to be a hedgehog but he destroyed that so now its a clown from barkbox.
- Does Henry prefer a good snuggle or an energetic wrestle session? Snuggles always
- What is the one thing you would change about him? I wish he didn’t steal undergarments.
- Who is Henry’s best friend? Addison (our oldest son) and Jack (our senior friend).
- What word or phrase do you say to him most often? Hennis (his nickname)
- What is his favorite thing about DDG? Getting to play all day and getting so much attention.
- What is your favorite thing about DDG? How tired henry is after a daycare day
- Please tell us anything else about your dog that you would like us to know. Henry is a typical Aussie; very sweet, very manipulative and so so busy. We have a basket of toys for him on every level of the house just to keep his mind busy so he doesn’t get bored and make bad decisions. He is such a family orientated dog and had been the best companion for our 2 boys. He puts up with all of the things they want to do with him and for him. Although he can be high maintenance, its all worth it. He is the perfect addition to our family.
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own – (all fittingly named after Marvel comic book characters) – who also love coming to DDG. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families.