Let’s meet Lincoln, this blue-eyed beauty who’s full of zest and simply loves to keep everyone entertained at Dog Day Getaway!
Lincoln – the most handsome Australian Shepherd and this months DOTM!
- What is your dog’s name? Lincoln
- How did you pick his name? As he is a herding breed, most people associate this with “farm dog”. I wanted to try and stick with a “country” theme. I was trying to decide
between Levi and Lincoln after hours of googling names. Interestingly enough, my mom liked Levi better but I liked Lincoln and it just stuck. I had intentions of calling him Link for short, but it
still to this day, 6 years later, doesn’t happen!
- When is his birthday? October 25th, 2014
- What is his breed? Australian Shepherd. When I got him, I was told he was a mini but in my research about breed standard sizes and experience with many dogs in my profession as a veterinary technician, I am not convinced!
- Does he have any nicknames? He has LOADS of nicknames. I don’t even think he gets called by his real name unless he is in trouble! Stinkin’ is a popular one as he has stinky breath and farts! Bubby is another he gets called when momma needs some snuggles after a rough day at work. Turkey Burger and Stinker Pot Pie are good greeting names when we have been apart for a while. And last but not least (of the appropriate names to share) is handsome boy or guy. This one is obvious when you look at him.
- What is his favorite place to be scratched? Pretty much anywhere. As long as he is getting pets, he is happy. But most likely he will give you his booty to scratch.
- Does he have a favorite toy? Lincoln is spoiled and his Grandma has bought him monthly bark boxes for about 4 years so there are many toys strewn about the house at any given time. The squeaky ones are the best ones when he is entertaining himself.
- If he could eat any human food what would it be? Anything but lettuce or carrots.
- What is your dog most afraid of? Lincoln is not a fan of loud noises, so thunder and fireworks are not his favorite.
- If your dog had a profession what would it be? He is a professional grumpy old man! There are other dogs in my family that he gets to “play” with almost daily and he doesn’t like it when they play too rough or are barking. He has to raise his voice (such a piercing bark he has) to get them to stop. Only thing he doesn’t realize is that they then have to chime in!
- If Lincoln drove a car what would he drive? He would surely drive a Lincoln!
- Who’s his favorite mom or dad? Mom or Grandma, Uncle Brian is pretty cool too!
- What’s the naughtiest thing he has ever done? Rolling in stinky stuff outside to torture his mom, but then he gets a bath which is torturous for him.
- Is he a floor or bed dog? Yes! He will jump down to the floor if he is too warm or if I am moving around too much. He will always let me know he is dissatisfied as when he lays down, it’s with a heavy and annoyed sigh.
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your Lincoln? Snuggle
- Is he a face to face greeter or a butt greeter? When greeting people, face to face, then wiggles the butt around for scratches. If it’s another dog, he gives them the booty.
- What’s a day in the life of Lincoln? Eat, go outside to go potty, sleep, run outside, bark at people walking with or without dogs, come back inside for another nap, repeat steps 4-6 until I get home for work to then eat, go outside to potty, snuggles in bed until sleep happens
- Describe him in 3 words? Fluffy, sassy, sweet
- Does he have an Instagram page? No he does not. Mom can’t even keep hers up to date.
- One thing you would change about him? Always needing to be the center of attention.
- One thing he would change about you? The fact that I have to go to work
- What is his favorite hangout? Going to Grandma’s!
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own – (all fittingly named after Marvel comic book characters) – who also love coming to DDG. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families. Follow them @StudioTwelve52 / @Twelve52Pets