As always we have another amazing Dog Day Getaway Dog of the Month to share with you. Say Hello to our friend Zeus, the May 2022 #DOTM!
Zeus is our Dog of the Month – Let’s find out More!
- What is your dog’s name? Zeus
- How did you pick his name? Zeus was named by his foster parents at Homeward Bound Rescue. We had plans to change it initially, but like the smart dog Zeus is, he was already reliably responding to his name, so we decided to keep it. He is a smaller dog, so he has big shoes to fill with a name like Zeus, but his personality definitely fits the big name.
- When is his birthday? July 6th, 2018
- What is his breed? From his rescue, we were told he is a lab terrier mix. The more we have gotten to know him, Lab and Jack Russell terrier seem to fit Zeus as he is quite energetic. People always ask if Zeus is part pitbull, likely for his unique markings and broad chest. It would be fun to do a DNA test on him one day
- Does Zeus have any nicknames? Zeus is a dog that goes by many names. Zeusy, Zeusers, Bubsy (Bubs), Couscous. His trainer even called him Kangaroo as he never seems to have all four paws on the ground.
- What is his favorite place to be scratched? Definitely his butt, he will constantly back his butt up to you until you scratch it and HE will let you know when it’s time for you to stop, not the other way around.
- Does he have a favorite Toy? Any toy he can play “keep away” with. Lately it has been his football toy or his Kong Jumbler ball.
- If he could eat any human food what would it be? BUTTER! I have never seen a dog rise from a dead sleep faster than when the butter dish is opened in our house and Zeus is immediately in the kitchen.
- What is Zeus most afraid of? Zeus is most afraid of there being a shortage of food or a shortage of blankets in the house as he is absolutely obsessed with both
- If Zeus had a profession what would it be? I think Zeus would be most successful in a profession where he gets to meet and interact with a lot of people (and get to shake their hand, of course). I’m thinking maybe a job in Human Resources or recruitment.
- If he drove a car what would he drive?Any car that will get him to grandma’s house fast and has good storage to hold all the things he loves.
- Who’s is his favorite? Mom or dad? Mom (but really Grandma)
- What’s the naughtiest thing Zeus has ever done? As a puppy when we were finding a daycare that we enjoyed, Zeus both jumped a 4 ft fence at a daycare (not DDG) to get to a staff member and started to climb a 6 ft chain link fence to get to a staff member.
- Does he sleep on the floor or is he a bed dog? Zeus is a floor dog. He was trained not to be on the furniture (couches and beds as we just got new leather couches before he was adopted). We were successful in accomplishing this by getting him a cozy bed of his own. Now Zeus is the proud owner of three beds, one for every room that the family is in most often.
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Zeus? My favorite thing to do with Zeus is play hide and seek, practice training and tricks, chase him around, or get some quality snuggle time with him.
- Is he a face to face greeter or a butt greeter? Zeus is a face-to-face greeter! With everyone that lives in the house, he doesn’t lick our faces, but he will lick ANY newcomer’s face and jump up to greet them.
- What’s a day in the life of Zeus? Wake up and get out all the yawns and stretches followed by eating breakfast immediately. The day consists of a mix between napping and playing until it is dinnertime. Dinnertime is followed by more napping and playing. The day is concluded with teeth brushing and daily affirmations before bed.
- Describe \him in 3 words? Zeus acts like a true Cancer (if you’re not familiar with astrology that would include being hyper emotional, loyal, and dramatic).
- Does he have an Instagram page? No, but if he did most of his feed would be pictures of when he’s sleeping because that’s when he is the calmest.
- One thing you would change about him? One thing he would change about you? If I could change one thing about Zeus, it would be that he would live forever. If Zeus could change something about me, it would probably be that I one day give in to letting him eat all the butter he desires.
- What are his favorite hangouts? Zeus’s favorite hangout is any sunny spot outside or in the house so he can fulfill his role of the sun goddess he is.
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own – (all fittingly named after Marvel comic book characters) – who also love coming to DDG. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families. StudioTwelve52 / @Twelve52Pets