Say Hello to Rocket! This handsome German Shorthair is one of our favorite guys and Dog Day Getaway is excited to have him as our August 2021 DOTM. Let’s find out more about him!
- What is your dogs name? Rocket
- How did you pick his name? That was the name he had when I rescued him
- When is his birthday? Well… birthday, who knows. That’s why we celebrate his “Got ya day!” Of November 6, 2016
- What is his breed?German Shorthair Pointer mix
- Does Rocket have any nicknames? Well the appropriate ones include Rockstar, Rocket man, Ding Dong, and Rocket Butt
- What is his favorite place to be scratched? Any scratches are his favorite, but his ears especially!
- Does Rocket have a favorite Toy? Definitely his ball, any ball at that. Or “Slothie” (aka, his stuffed sloth toy)
- If he could eat any human food what would it be? French Fries, Ice Cream, and Pup cups from Starbucks
- What is he most afraid of? Any loud noise!! Storms and fireworks especially!
- If he had a profession what would it be? Professional Squirrel and Bunny Hunter
- If Rocket drove a car what would they drive? Just go all out and get a rocket-propelled car
- Who’s his favorite mom or dad? Well it’s just Dad and Rocket. But he loves all of his family!
- What’s the naughtiest thing Rocket has ever done? One time, Dad made hamburgers on the grill. When he brought them in to cool, Rocket snuck up and ate two of them before Dad noticed.
- Is he a floor or bed dog?Combination of both! But in winter, certainly a snuggler under the blankets
- What’s his favorite thing to do with your pet? Playing fetch with his ball is probably one of his all-time favorite things to do
- Is he a face to face greeter or a butt greeter? Definitely a face greeter with all of his kisses.
- What’s a day in the life of Rocket? Usually a combination of naps, bugging dad when he’s not at work, and defending the house from all the squirrels and bunnies of the world.
- Describe Rocket in 3 words? Lover, Mischievous, Snuggler
- Does he have an Instagram page? He does! @Rocket_butt_the_gsp
- What are Rockets favorite hangouts? When my dad works, Dog Day Getaway! But when he’s home, any room, and I mean ANY room that he’s in. Or on his bed!
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own – (all fittingly named after Marvel comic book characters) – who also love coming to DDG. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families. Follow them: @StudioTwelve52 / @Twelve52Pets