Winnie is one of our favorite girls and we are so excited to feature her as this months DOTM at Dog Day Getaway. So let’s meet our October 2021 Dog of the Month!
Winnie is a sweet and friendly pup and crowned the DDG October 2021 DOTM!
- What is your dogs name? Winnie
- How did you pick her name? We had a poll on Facebook! The choices were between Winnie Cooper and Penny Lane (Winnie Cooper was Jim’s crush from The Wonder Years) and due to the fact that our other two dogs have musical names, we thought of the Beatles for Ms Winnie
- When is her birthday? Appropriately, April 1st.
- What is her breed? German Shepherd, American Staffordshire Terrier, Samoyed, Husky and a little toy breed snuck in, too
- Does she have any nicknames? Pooh, Little Love (strictly because of her small size)
- What is her favorite place to be scratched? Around the collar. She will tip her head upward just so scratches get right under the collar line.
- Does she have a favorite Toy? Anything with a squeeker in it or a tug toy.
- If Winnie could eat any human food what would it be? Anything!
- What is she most afraid of? Pillows. Lawnmower, no big deal. Vacuum cleaner, even less of a big deal. But move a pillow, look out!!
- If she had a profession what would it be? Circus clown
- If she drove a car what would they drive? Any type of a convertible
- Who’s her favorite; mom or dad? Mom!!
- What’s the naughtiest thing she has ever done? Winnie chewed a sizable hole out of the carpet on a step in our at the time brand new home. Fortunately, we still had extra carpet and the thumbtack app!
- Is Winnie a floor or bed dog? 80% bed, 20 % floor
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Winnie? Explore. Winnie is a sweet, friendly, and well behaved dog that I can take anywhere dogs are allowed. She is a great partner in walking trails and does very well in the car. She’s always up for getting out of the house and checking new things out.
- Is she a face to face greeter or a butt greeter when meeting other dogs? face to face. Anytime another dog approaches, Winnie will lay down and wait until the other dog is face to face. She then pops up with a wagging tail, studying the other dogs expression.
- What’s a day in the life of Winnie? First thing in the morning the backyard needs a thorough sniff test and perimeter check. On a day that mom is home, the most ideal thing is to snuggle on the couch after breakfast. Bones get chewed, running around with Layla and Josie is a must. Walks are always welcomed, playing tug and getting belly rubs.
- Describe her in 3 words? Funny, intuitive, sweet
- Does Winnie have an Instagram page? nah. There would be way too many posts of all three dogs. I would never get anything done!
- One thing you would change about her? Oof…. so embarrassing to say Winnie eats her sisters poop. One thing they would change about you? That work thing the humans go to everyday is a bit of a hassle
- What are her favorite hangouts? Dog Day Getaway!! On the mornings the leash comes out of the closet, there is so much excitement. Three Dog Bakery, lots of samples handed out in a place that smells so yummy. The dog park. What’s better than running around with new friends?
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own – (all fittingly named after Marvel comic book characters) – who also love coming to DDG. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families.