You’re going to be simply amazed at these simple to make, 2 ingredient dog biscuits. They’re not only easy to make but also taste great! That’s right… they taste amazing. The biscuits are good for your dog, aren’t an overprocessed food with fillers and additives, they’re gluten free and naturally vegan!
What Makes These 2 Ingredient Dog Biscuits Special?
Let’s break down the ingredients: Bananas and Rolled Oats. That’s it, bananas and oats. These are low-cost ingredients that are all natural and readily available in any grocery store. The cost to make these are super inexpensive. As well, organic bananas and organic oats can be found in most food stores these days.
There is no added sugar, no salt, no spices… this dog biscuit recipe is simple and pure. This recipe will make roughly 16 dog biscuits. Let’s get started making this treat!
TIP: Since some supermarkets tend to sell over-ripe fruit at half price, you’ll be able to save even more when making these dog biscuits with half-priced bananas.
About Oats for Dogs: Oats are a good source of fiber, making it great for dogs with irregular bowel. Oatmeal is also safe for dogs with wheat allergies. One thing we would caution, is that with any new treat introduced to your dog, be conservative with handing out the treats, and watch your dog to ensure they’re ok.
About Bananas for Dogs: Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, Copper, Biotin, Manganese, Fiber and of course Potassium. Bananas are also low in sodium and cholesterol.
1 1/2 Cup of Rolled Oats (You cannot use instant oats, trust me…)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, take the 2 (peeled) bananas and mash them smooth. You can also use a food processor, but we prefer using a fork or potato masher. (Do not use the peels – throw those in the garden. Sorry we had to mention this but someone asked…)
- Fold in the 1 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- Mash by hand using a fork
- Let sit for 30 minutes – what we’re doing is letting the oats soak up any moisture.
- Spoon out the mix, about 1/2 the size of a walnut, and flatten into a small cookie. Place on the cookie sheet. Try to stagger at least an inch apart.
- Bake for roughly 18-24 minutes. What we’re looking for is slight browning on the bottom of the treat.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down for at least 30 minutes.
These dog biscuits are also great treats for the family. Gluten free, vegan and delicious. Let us know in the comments below if you’ve tried this recipe!