A Christmas dog treat recipe you can make with just a few ingredients and will make your dog and Christmas guests happy. It’s that time of year when family will be visiting and the food will be flowing throughout your home. One thing you’ll have to keep an eye on is your dog and the amount of people food he/she may receive. Dog Day Getaway has a great recipe for Rover that will keep his tail-a-wag while cutting down on the table scraps.
Christmas Dog Treats: Rover will go Bananas!
To start, this recipe is packed full of great nutrients, fiber and is low on sugar and bad fats. We like to keep the recipes down to a few ingredients as it makes it simpler to create and most dog owners have these ingredients on hand. So let’s start!
Christmas Dog Treat Recipe:
1 Ripe Banana
1/4 Chunky or Smooth Peanut Butter (chunky peanut butter has less calories than smooth)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Honey
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 Plain Rolled Oats
2 Tablespoons Flax Seed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, start by mashing the banana
- Add in the egg, peanut butter, olive oil and honey
- Fold in the flour, rolled oats and flax seed.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line a pan with parchment paper
- Scoop the dough into a tablespoon and flatten onto the cookie sheet. You can also roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter. Be sure they are only 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for about 9 – 11 minutes
- Allow to cool and harden for at least 30 minutes
Have some fun with a Christmas dog treat your pet will surely love. This would be a great time to get the kids together and decorate them!