Wondering what are the best Christmas dog toys? Have a friend who loves their dog and don’t know what to get them? Dog Day Getaway is here to help get the frustration out of what to get a dog for Christmas (or birthday or any other holiday) all while keeping to a budget and whats right for the dog.
DDG Picks The Best Christmas Dog Toys
A dog will just about chew and play with anything deemed a toy; whether its a new shoe, cell phone, ball or an actual dog toy. A few simple rules about buying a dog toy:
- First you have to look at the breed of dog you’re buying it for. If it’s a breed that is hyper and will chew just about anything, best to get something nearly to indestructible.
- What size dog is it? You can’t get a tiny ball and give it to a Great Dane for fear they may just swallow the toy. So when looking for a dog toy, be sure it can’t be swallowed whole.
- What is the toy stuffed with? While most cloth dog toys (mostly canvas) are “supposedly” indestructible, rest assured the dog you’re buying it for will find a way to rip a small hole in it and then make that hole even larger to get to the good stuff inside. So be sure that whatever the toy is stuffed with is not laden with chemicals or harmful. Some of the best dog toys are stuffed with cotton or wood chips or mix.
- Will other family pets fight over it? Yes… probably
On to the list of best Christmas dog toys:
- One of the better toys out there, especially when it comes to being almost indestructible is the orange hockey ball.
- KONG toys, any. They are built to last and great as training aids.
- The BazooK-9 Tennis Ball Launcher Gun. This is not only fun for the dog, but any owner who likes Nerf style toys are going to have a blast!
- Interactive IQ Treat Ball. You fill this with kibble or other dry treat
- The Chuckit! Ultra Ball. This thing has a high bounce rate and super visibility so you won’t lose it if your dog does. It’s almost indestructible.
- Petzi Treat Cam: Wi-Fi Pet Camera & Treat Dispenser. This is the mother of all Christmas gifts. It not only allows you to view your dog in your home, but you can also speak to them and drop a treat from the unit. A bit pricey but hey… its’ Christmas… and it’s for a dog!
There were so many products to choose from it was hard to guess. Maybe this is my own Christmas list… wink. wink. Have a merry holiday and fantastic new year.