Much like the other treats featured at Dog Day Getaway Recipes, this recipe is also a simple dog treat (or human treat) recipe using no more than 2 ingredients. Devoid of added salt, sugars, or other preservatives, this is a wholesome recipe you should have no problems giving to your dog, or family…
Another great two ingredient recipe to make natural treats for your dogs. This recipe really takes no time as it consists of only sweet potato and oatmeal. You can also cut into whatever shape you like just before baking. Whatever you decide be sure your dog has a mouth big enough to chew up the treat. You may have to cut them accordingly. These aren’t crunchy treats, they are more chewy than anything.
As for storage, you can use tupperware or some other plastic storage bowl. We suggest using these up within a week as they may get stale. Regardless your dog will simply love these treats and they are great for training!
Sweet Potato Treats: Ingredients
1 Sweet Potato (roughly 1 pound)
1 Cup of Large Flake Oatmeal
Sweet Potato Treats: Instructions
- Peel the sweet potato. Cut into 1/2 rounds and steam for 15 minutes to soften.
- Place in a large bowl and set to the side to cool.
- Once softened and cooled, add in the oatmeal. Turn your oven on to preheat at 350 degrees.
- Let sit for roughly 30 minutes to allow the oatmeal to soak up any moisture from the sweet potato.
- Roll out the “dough” and place onto cookie sheet. Dough should be about 1/4″ thickness. It may or may not fill the cookie sheet, just as long as all sections are 14″ thick so things cook evenly. If you have a dog bone cookie cutter it will work just fine. Be sure to dust the cookie cutter with flour to ensure it doesn’t stick to the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just enough where you can handle.
- Cut into squares and set to the side to completely cool down.
Like this recipe? Tried this recipe and want to see more, simply leave a comment in the box below!