So excited to introduce June 2023 Dog Day Getaway Dog of the Month #DOTM: Groot! He is quite the looker with quite the personality!
Meet Groot, the Guardian of Dog Day Getaway!
- What is your dogs name? Groot
- How did you pick his name? Needed to be a non-human name, we liked the character in Guardians of the Galaxy
- When is his birthday? June 26th
- What is Groot’s breed? He is a Mini-Labradoodle
- Does he have any nicknames? Grootie, Buddy, Pedro
- What is his favorite place to be scratched? Everywhere
- If he could eat any human food, what would it be? Fresh rotisserie chicken STILL WARM
- What he most afraid of? Strangers
- If Groot had a profession, what would it be? Neighborhood watch
- Is he more of a mamas boy or more fond of his dad? Mamas boy
- What is the naughtiest thing he has ever done? He loves to shred tissues, but doesn’t really do anything naughty
- Does he prefer the floor, dog bed couch or all of the above for a good nap? Everywhere
- What is your favorite thing to do with Groot? Dog Park
- What is a day in the life of Groot like? Slowly wake up, hang on the bench and watch the neighbors get up, look out the back to watch the wildlife, eat a little, go to DDG and come home to dinner and sleep
- Describe Groot in 3 words. Loves his chews!
- Is he more of a steak or chicken lover? Both!
- Swim or a dog walk? Walk
- Favorite toy? His stuffies
- Does he prefer a good snuggle or an energetic wrestle? An energetic chase of toys
- What is one thing you would change about him? He is a picky eater, more lab less poodle
- Who is his best friend? His favorite DDG staff members! Seriously, he has his girlfriends
- What work or phrase do you use the most with him? “Quiet” followed closely by “No bark”
- What is his favorite thing about DDG? His favorite people work there
- What is YOUR favorite thing about DDG? Their tenderness and compassion for dogs
- Please tell us anything else about Groot that you would like us to know? He is more focused on humans than dogs. He would love nothing more than just hanging out with people all day long. DDG allows him to see other dogs, but his passion is the people who work there.
Dog Day Getaway’s Dog of the Month photography is brought to you by Kasey and Tyler Rajotte of Studio Twelve:52/Twelve:52 Pets. They have 5 rescue pups of their own – (all fittingly named after Marvel comic book characters) – who also love coming to DDG. So, chances are your furkid(s) and theirs have played together! This is their 11th year documenting wagging tails, nose boops, and slobbery puppy kisses – and when they aren’t doing that they are photographing weddings and families.