Planning ahead is essential when it comes to journeying with your pup. But, do you usually book their boarding in advance? This article will show you the significance of pre-booking. You don’t want to be stranded without somewhere for your fur baby. So, let’s look into how prepayment can guarantee your pup’s protection and success.
- Vaccination certificates are important.
- Finding the right facility is important too.
Booking in advance for your dog’s boarding helps make the stay stress-free and safe. If a dog isn’t used to being away from their owner, they may get overwhelmed by new sights, sounds and smells. Pre-booking also lets kennel staff become familiar with your pup – so they can give personalized care and attention.
- You won’t have to pay late fees or extra costs due to last-minute cancellations.
- If you have multiple pets, you can get discounts depending on length of stay.
- You can get specialized services like grooming and walking.
- This is because kennels need to avoid overcrowding, so they don’t have more pets than they can handle.
Reasons for Booking in Advance
Booking ahead has lots of advantages when it comes to boarding your furry friend! A few reasons why it is important:
- You can pick your preferred time and date. Making a reservation beforehand will guarantee the boarding facility you chose, be it an in-home one or a kennel, is free at the chosen date and time.
- Easier availability is way more convenient. Giving yourself enough time to make plans helps make sure that all errands, trips, etc. are done before the boarding date. Having enough time also raises your chances of picking from multiple facilities and finding the best one for your pet (and yourself).
- Better organization equals less stress knowing that the pet care details for their stay are taken care of (the right way) before the time and there are no sudden shocks or worries from either party. Also, it takes out waiting lists during peak days like weekends or holidays. Many places book up fast–so book early!
- You and your pet become known to the facility building trust with staff and other boarders; providing fast service; getting info into your pet’s needs; getting updates via email etc.; having flexibility with last minute changes etc.; receiving holiday/birthday treats etc., all making a great experience for everyone.
Benefits of Booking in Advance
Booking ahead for pet boarding is a smart move. It provides benefits for both the pet and the owner. The facility can plan for the pet’s arrival and make sure they have bedding, food, snacks and playtime. If specific care or medication is needed, arrangements can be made. Discounts and special rates may also be available for long-term stays.
Advance booking helps to avoid surprises at check-in. Facilities may not have room for last minute arrivals during peak seasons. Planning ahead reduces stress associated with finding pet accommodation and limits exposure to unfamiliar sounds and smells.
Book ahead and rest assured knowing your furry family member is being taken care of while you’re away!
How to Book in Advance
When boarding your dog, book in advance! Here are some tips:
- Start looking for pet boarding 2 weeks ahead. This gives time to compare prices and services.
- Ask other pet owners what facilities they’ve been to. This way you get first-hand info.
- Narrow down your choices. Call the facility to check if they’re taking new reservations and if they can accommodate your pup’s needs. Ask if they offer any special packages.
- Once you’ve found a suitable facility, book as soon as possible. Especially during hols and peak times when spots fill up quickly. Read terms and conditions before committing.
- Once booked, bring details of meds, dietary needs, beds, food bowls, toys, treats from home. These will help make their stay more enjoyable, and be prepared in case of an emergency.
Considerations When Booking in Advance
Booking your pup in advance can help ease stress. Here’s what to consider:
- Contact the facility before hand. Ask questions and get to know their policies.
- See if they need vaccinations, flea/tick treatments, or any other pre-visit requirements.
- Check if they offer extra services like grooming or walking.
- Provide info about food, bedding, and meds prior to arriving.
- Make sure their vaccinations are up to date.
- Ask if there are fees for extra services like treatments or medication admin.
Common Questions About Booking in Advance
Booking ahead of time to board your dog is great for you and your pet. So, why book in advance? Benefits include: more options and peace of mind. You can control timing, location and duration. Plus, discounts and other offers only available if you book ahead.
How far ahead? Book two weeks before if you can, so you can have the best pick. That gives you time to research the best services.
What else? Booking early saves money and offers extras like custom meals or more playtime with certified trainers or groomers. There’s also flexibility with check-in times, which is great if travel plans change.
Tips for Booking in Advance
Booking a boarding stay for your dog in advance can give you the best options and a facility that suits their needs. Don’t wait until it’s too late – you could run out of options, especially if they have special requirements. Here are some tips to help you book in advance:
- Prioritize your pup’s needs. Know what they need before choosing a facility. Is there a special diet? Are there any behavioural issues? These must be taken into account.
- Ask for recommendations. See if anyone else has used a boarding facility for their pup. Ask your vet for referrals too.
- Read reviews. Once you’ve chosen a few facilities, read online reviews from previous customers. Check the ratings for staff friendliness, cleanliness and safety, and overall quality of care.
- Tour the facility. Before booking, visit the facility so you know their policies and personnel. Ask about pick up/drop off services. Make sure you have all the information you need, like vaccination records. This will help ease any anxious feelings about leaving your pup.
Finally, you must book your pup’s stay ahead of time. Doing this will not only make sure you get a good spot, but also that your pup has the best time. Booking early also lets you plan out their needs, like vaccines and flea treatments. With all the organizing, you can be stress-free knowing your dog is having fun and being taken care of!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How far in advance should I book when boarding my dog?
A1: It is recommended to book as far in advance as possible. Many boarding facilities, such as kennels, have limited space and can fill up quickly. Booking 1-2 weeks in advance is ideal to ensure there is space available for your pup.
Q2: What are the benefits of booking in advance?
A2: Booking in advance will give you the time to do your research and find the best boarding facility for your dog. You will also have the peace of mind knowing that you have secured a spot for your dog, instead of waiting until the last minute and not being able to find a place. Additionally, many facilities offer discounts for advance bookings.
Q3: What should I look for when choosing a boarding facility?
A3: When choosing a boarding facility, look for one that is licensed and inspected. Additionally, look for a facility that has comfortable and clean living quarters, individualized attention from staff, and plenty of playtime and exercise for your pup. Ask for references and read reviews to make sure that you select the best facility for your dog.